Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hardships

Just recently I saw the most heartbreaking picture of a malnourished child eating crumbled bread off the floor. It was a powerful image, because it is real. I heard people all the time telling me how we are so lucky, blessed and protected here. I sometimes forget or perhaps had forgotten that even though we love traveling and experiencing the wonders of the world, there are people struggling to get by or survive under our nose. I spoke to my teacher, who is a buddhist monk, a few weeks ago. He told me that he had traveled over 30 something countries for charity work and services. Of all those places, nothing is compared to our home here. I was touched. Especially, the one when he was in one of the country where he saw a family was searching rocks/ shells in the sea to sell them to the tourists. The sun damaged their skin and their bodies were barely skin and bones. He was so heartbroken that he wanted to cry.

My future plans are to have some money set aside so I can do some more good deeds for those people. I will try my best to do whatever I can to make a good impact into their lives and my own (including family and friends). If, for the end of our days when we lie down and no one else is there to hold our hands or love us. At least we gave a big shot in doing something that we are most proud that will warm our mind and soul. Something that we feel good and always remember. Something that transform us into a much richer and fulfilled person. To do small or big deeds, will eventually transforms us to a better person, much more beautiful and handsome than ever before. It is my time to do something special. I am thankful for all the wonderful things that God had given me. I am thankful for my family and friends. I am so thankful. Hope all of you have a wonderful "Happy Thanksgiving!"

No comments:

Post a Comment